Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Night Headlines

If you haven't noticed, it's sorta been a slow weekend around here. We haven't gotten in the habit of just posting useless junk just for the sake of posting useless junk, but we'll always be sure to post fun, entertaining and informative information when it becomes available to us, IF we think it's worth your time. Now a few headlines...

The football team had their last scrimmage yesterday and are entering their last week of preparation for the new season. Coach Brooks saw plenty of positives and negatives and is very aware of the amount of work that needs to be done in order for this team to be competitive in the SEC. Check out this video for some brief remarks from the coach (thanks to our man, Tom Leach!)...


On the basketball front, Cal and the staff are continuing their individual workouts, and everyone is getting more excited with each passing day. By everyone, I mean coaches, players, and fans. While September means college football for everywhere else in the country, in Kentucky, it means we're oh so close to midnight madness. If your wait for the madness is as painful as ours, try satisfying your basketball craving with a brief look at the SEC from Andy Katz. Lots of talk about Cal and his Cats.

As you all know, this week was a crazy week for Kentucky coaches, both past and present. No, I'm not talking about Eddie Sutton, Tubby Smith, and Joe B Hall's wild fishing trip... I'm of course talking about Calipari, Pitino, and Billy Clyde. DeCourcy over at the Sporting News has some worth reading remarks on the trio of coaches. It should be noted that in our opinion, DeCourcy is one of the most sensible and fair writers on the College Basketball landscape.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new work week, and I have a busy week ahead of me. Besides my full time job, I have a number of obligations that will tie me up even more than usual. A long time friend of mine (an excellent writer and fellow blue-bleeder) has joined the team and will be writing alot this week to cover for my absence. He posts under the name Gomez, because he has a high paying government job where national secruity is often at risk and he doesn't want to roll the dice. He had posted some already under my name, but since his writing is pretty darn good, I didn't bother to tell anyone the truth. I have no doubt that he'll quickly become one of your favorite writers on here. If there's anything earth shattering announced, I'll show up and post when I can. However, as President Palmer would say, in the meantime, you're in good hands.

That's it for tonight, Big Blue Nation. Good night and good luck.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words, Mikey. You aren't too bad yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Mike DeCourcy guy. He makes alot of sense. I wish other sports writers would follow his example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Gomez. Now, get off my couch and go home. We don't have enough money in our budget to fund any marriage counseling.

    Inspector, we agree... Mike is one of the best at what he does. Even when he's critical of Kentucky, it's usually warranted, whether we care to admit it or not.

    ReplyDelete