Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Ready for UofL

I am pretty excited about the UofL game. Most of my friends that root for Louisville are scared to death or trying to do a reverse jinx. I have not heard of one Cardinal fan that is looking forward to this game. Its been really fun to hear them squirm when talking about the game. That hasn't happened in a while, even in basketball.

I also have a confession to make. Something I am not proud of...I won't be at the game, even though I have a ticket. I feel terrible about this, b/c it seems to be the first time in recent memory that UK seemed to be the dominant team and Louisville the punching bag. Even last year there was a question. The reason I won't be there is that a "friend" is getting married. I use quotes b/c how good of a friend could he be if he didn't check the football schedule. I mean there was a bye week last week. At least do it on an away game. But I digress. There are enough UK fans that have to attend that will give him crap about this all day, especially if the game is exciting. You can be sure we will have a TV on right up until the wedding starts.

Anyway let me get back to the reason for this long-winded and rambling post (that I am writing in class while trying to avoid getting called on)

Since this is probably our biggest rivalry I thought we needed to have quite a bit of ammunition. So I want to write a few of my favorite UK v. Louisville jokes that I have heard over the years and I want everybody to add their own favorites. This is really supposed to be a public service to our less witty friends who want to tear into the heart of the Louisville backers, or as I call them, idiots.

On to the Jokes, feel free to post in the comments and add your own. Thats what I'd really like, everybody to submit some and then we make a master list.

1. Hey why is my clock always stuck at 1:33 when I drive through Louisville?---Because in Louisville its always 27 to 2. (b/c of score last year)

2. I heard there was a tornado going through Louisville. Everybody is supposed to get to Papa John's Stadium...because there is never a touchdown there.

3. The Louisville Player Profile guide cost double. Because whenever a Louisville player goes to take a picture they always get one from the front and one from the side out of habit.

4. What do you do when there is a graduate of Louisville on your front porch? ----You pay him for the pizza and send him back to work.

5. What do you call a Louisville student with half a brain?----Valedictorian

6. Why are the Louisville Cardinals like a possum? ----Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

7. (For the Louisville NFL Prospects) What did the Louisville player get on his Wonderlic Test?---Drool

Thats All I could get cause the bell is about to ring but put your favorites on here

3 comments:

  1. When you have a Kentucky fan, a Louisville football coach, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny in the same taxi, who pays for the ride?

    Answer: The Kentucky fan... because the other are just make believe figures and aren't actually real. Hardy har har...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's being reported that Louisville Coack Steve Kragthorpe will only be dressing 20 players this week against UK....the rest will have to dress themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louisville News Report: Football practice in Louisville was delayed on Monday for nearly two hours. One of the offensive players, while on his way to the locker room, happened to look down and notice a suspicious looking, unknown, white powdery substance on the practice field. The head coach, Steve Kragthorpe, immediately suspended practice while the FBI was called in to investigate. After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed when the FBI decided that the team would not be likely to encounter the substance again.

    ReplyDelete