Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cals Cats: Ways to watch UK in Cancun and more...

Wow, wasn't yesterday an amazing day for UK? At halftime of the Georgia game I didn't give us a chance in the second half, but what a game!

Many are asking about TV coverage for Tuesday and Wednesday’s games. It is on CBS College Sports.

So this is the information I have been able to gather, but I only have Dish so I can’t guarantee its accuracy. You would be best advised not to wait until right before the game to check it out or you may find yourself without it. UK plays early on Tuesday at 4:30 eastern. This is 3:30 my time and will not be able to get home from work till 4 at the earliest so I will miss the beginning.

Then the next day, if we win we will play the winner of Virginia and Stanford and play at 9:30 eastern, but if we lose against Cleveland State then we play the loser of the Virginia and Stanford at 7:30 eastern.

613 Direct TV
152 Dish
531 Insight (not in HD)- they are apparently offering a free preview for this even if you do not usually get this channel
251 Time Warner- part of the sports pack for $8.00

Streaming online: http://www.justin.tv/funchester

For those who do not see it on your cable, you may want to call and ask if they are doing the free preview or have some package you can order to get it and then you can cancel it after this week. I know some people with Time Warner are doing this. Some on the dish are upgrading their package to get this channel for a week and then paying a $5 fee to downgrade back down after the week.

If you have additional information to add this or see something I put that is definitely wrong, let me know and I will put on the Cal’s Cats Facebook page with any updates.

Check out the Cal's Cats Facebook page for Wall highlights against Rider, new pictures from Akron and a link to pictures of what Cancun gym looked like last year to give you a feel for the atmosphere on Tuesday.

Go Cats! Take Mexico by storm!

5 comments:

  1. I am on the Mediacom cable system and do have the digital plus package. I recently got it so I would have the ESPN U CHANNELS WHICH HAVE SOME Of THE UK GAMES. However ESPN U IS ALSO ON ANOTHER PACKAGE LABELED DIGITAL SPORTS PAK. tHIS SECOND package also has CBS COLLEGE SPORTS CHANNEL 269 WHICH IS THE WAY MY SCHEDULE FROM KY OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE SHOWS. However, you said CBS CENTRAL. Should that INSTEAD BE CHANNEL LISTED AS CBS COLLEGE
    SPORTS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CBS Central and CBS College Sports is the same channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright House Cable will show Tuesday game on Tuesday on CBSCS1016

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the good info Micah.. This tournament doesn't seem to match the stature of the UK program... I am not sure how prominent a place this tourney trophy would have in our trophy case... For some reason I am a little bit nervous we could get knocked off in this thing... Hope I am wrong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hope the boys do not get hurt down there. PP made me a little nervous with his comments on the floor condition.

    On the brighter side, I think this team could do fine playing on the carpet without the floor at all.

    ReplyDelete