Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cancun Championship Tonight

Pop quiz... what is this a picture of?

a.) Carlisle Middle School's Art Project
b.) A demented Christmas Tree
c.) A deleted scene from Sesame Street
d.) The Stanford Mascot

If you said "C," you were correct. Congrats... you're smart.

That's right, folks. Kentucky and Stanford are facing off tonight at 8:30 CST to decide who will win the Ball Room Blitz Cancun Challenge, a rematch of the 1998 Final Four Match-up between the two programs. However, Stanford isn't anywhere near as good as they were back then and Kentucky is, so this should be a lopsided affair. Look for John Wall to score around 50 and for the Cats to win by about 100. Of course, I'm reaching a bit, but I do think Kentucky will handle Stanford rather easily tonight.

This being Thanksgiving Eve, I have a couple of early holiday events to attend with my family today, so I'll be DVRing the game and watching it late tonight. I won't be able to post much before then either, so hopefully some of the other BBNR team members will show up at some point today and share their thoughts on tonight's game. In the meantime, why don't you share your predictions for the game in the comments section. And enjoy this quick highlight of Jeff Sheppard dunking on Stanford back in 1998.

3 comments:

  1. Here's my prediction... Kentucky 78 and Stanford 56.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, the 2nd half of yesterday's tilt was moe of an indication of how the team will play for the remainder of the season. With so much youth, though, I hardly doubt it.

    I'm inclined to agree with Mike on this one, though maybe not the particular #'s... I'll say 71-58.

    We've just got too many issues taking care of the ball and making good decisions right now... kind of makes you wonder if the reason BCG is sticking around Lexington is to 'help out.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had seen that on Sesame Street.

    ReplyDelete