Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cancun Champs!

Kentucky won a close one in the Cancun championship against Stanford, outlasting the Cardinal 73-65 in overtime. I have to admit, I felt like Kentucky was the much better team and thought they would win and win by a comfortable margin. However, after the first half, I was beginning to wonder if Kentucky would win at all, but they found a way in the end.

"We have a long way to go to be a good team," Coach Cal said after the game, and I think we can all agree with that statement. However, like I said after last night's game, it's great to know the team has a long way to go before reaching it's ultimate potential, but they're still doing the small things it takes to win ball games. The Cats are 6-0 for the first time in a long time. "We have a great will to win, and I like that," Cal said.

Ramon Harris played big in the second half, making a couple of baskets, pulling down some rebounds, and playing excellent defense. Its great to see him finding a way to be productive within Cal's system. "He's great; I love the kid," the Coach said after the game.

The freshmen guard duo of Wall and Bledsoe were huge down the stretch as well. Wall hit two free throws with 2 seconds to go in regulation to send it to overtime and Bledsoe hit a big three with seconds left in overtime. Again, the kids have a long way to go, but it's encouraging to see them making big plays with the game on the line.

Well, that's all for now. I watched the game delayed on my DVR, so the hour is very late. However, it was worth staying up for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



3 comments:

  1. It was a great win for the Cats and good experience, had we lost, I probably wouldn't feel that way though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wished I could of watched it. I am glad that there aren't any other games broadcasted on CBS CS i.e "bob's channel"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, but we are better than what people think. We'll be a factor in the Pac-10

    ReplyDelete