Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fun Night in Rupp Last Night

(If you are like me and didn't know, this is what Mike Pratt looks like. Seems like a cool guy..)

For those that don't know us personally, we have been making the drive from Western Kentucky to Lexington in an effort to represent the Jackson Purchase in Rupp Arena. I have been telling folks I have met that I am from Paducah because of name recognition, but we are actually a little further away than that. The semantics of that trek (as well as not knowing exactly what we are doing just yet....) make it hard for us to get our information up efficiently. We are working on ways to improve that, and you can expect bigger and better things down the road.

You can expect us to search for new ways to bring UK related news and views. There are a ton of great sites out there already. We are just hoping to find a place in your "rotation" of sites you go to for Cats' content. While we would like to be the Ace of your staff someday, we realize we are still just a prospect. Part of what makes Baseball great is the ability to follow your teams' young players as they develop and become better players. I hope you enjoy following our path to the "Big Leagues". We enjoy what we are doing, and look forward to getting better at it.

I am always going to look at the sunny side of life. I just have a positive outlook for the most part. That extends to my fan-hood. I like to think I am not a total homer and can maintain some level of objectivity... I might have a hard time proving that though. With that said, I think there were way more positives than negatives to take from last night. I am not going to get into that right now though. I am going to share a quick and quirky story from Rupp last night for you on this dreary November day...

So I got into Rupp a little more than an hour before tip off. There is a modest spread for the media types in the Press Area. Was a pretty good wrap of some kind last night if you were wondering. Before I found my seat and set up shop to exhibit the broadcast excellence you found in our dueling blogs, nature called. (By the way, if you haven't checked out the dueling blogs, you should. I recommend them. It was free flowing from Rupp so there are some grammatical errors... If you are the type that can't get around that, I don't want you reading it anyway.)

As I was standing in the restroom stall, in walks the voices of the Wildcats, Mike Pratt and Tom Leach. Since I was taking care of my business in the stall, I obviously couldn't see them. I will be honest, I didn't even know what Mike Pratt looked like before last night. I knew who had just walked in the room though from voice recognition. They were talking about the ponies I think. Was just small talk, and I am not really sure exactly what it was they were saying. I don't make a habit of committing small talk like that to memory. If you do, then shame on you. It Didn't really matter. Just struck me as funny and odd to listen to them carry on a conversation right beside me, while still not being able to see them.

Please direct your bathroom humor to the comments section. Thanks

3 comments:

  1. Austin, you're showing your age by not knowing what Mike Pratt looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised I didn't recognize him really. I knew what Leach looked like, but not Pratt. I am 24, so I don't have the same depth of knowledge as many of you. I make up for that with... well I don't really know honestly..

    ReplyDelete