Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seth Davis is a Tool



I am not going to talk about the football game. I have usually given my undivided attention to Basketball by this time of the year, but this team suckered me into believing. I believed in something that hasn't happened as long as I have been on this planet... Beating the Vols. You know that story by now, so I am done with that. I will watch the 'Nobody Really Cares' Bowl and cheer on the team, but for now it is on to Calipari's Cats. Some of my scorn must be directed somewhere, and who better than Seth Davis to fill the role of whipping boy.

Here is an article from Seth Davis at SI.com that I found hilarious...

If you hate Seth Davis too much to read his article that is fine... I would prefer nobody read it either so he could just go away... To sum up the piece for those that hate him enough not to link to his article, Davis boldly predicts which Sophomores are going to have breakout seasons..... Three weeks after the season has started. It would be one thing if Davis were pointing out who had made leaps of improvement, but he passes himself off as a fortune teller. This is equivalent to me becoming a financial planner and predicting what is going to happen ten days ago for my clients. It is actually hilarious to read if you want to waste a few minutes of your life.

He uses words that only Duke graduates would use in way that is uniquely Seth. Here are is one of the funnier examples.

"I have to say, in the many years that I have performed this invaluable function, last year's was my most prescient effort yet."

How can you not hate this guy? I really can't stand Seth Davis. I have no idea what qualifies him for his job. If he were the guy that did whatever Greg Gumble or Tim Brando job description is that would be one thing, but he gets passed off as somebody that actually has quality insight. I can't think of anyone that respects what he has to say about anything. I have read on KSR about Matt Jones' man-crush on Andy Katz. I didn't get the chance to talk to Katz, but I can confirm that he just seemed like a really cool dude. If I were to meet Seth Davis and find him likable, I don't think I could handle it. He may be writing stuff like this as a snarky joke to tick people like me off, or maybe he has so much job security due to his influential family he doesn't even care anymore. Either way, he is a tool.

5 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of Davis either and I appreciate the diversion from the football epic fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict John Wall will be the best freshman in the SEC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather have 15 Doug Gottliebs to one Seth Davis. Davis brings absolutely nothing to the table as far as "insider" information goes.

    USELESS... its a shame I gotta hear him when UK plays UNC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the venom in this post. I'm amazed at the things that guy does

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is very humble... cough cough not! If i had a dollar for every time he complimented himself in that article i would never have to work a day in my life. Predictions? come on, he took stats from the first two or three weeks and compared it to last year and also looked at teams who lost like everybody (like North Carolina) and "predicted" the guys left behind would be better than they were last year... DUH. We are all now a little less intelligent after reading that garbage.

    ReplyDelete