Friday, April 30, 2010

Cal to introduce JV team?

Gomez here...

So yeah, Cal is considering a JV team at UK and that's apparently what he was talking about with Larry Brown earlier in the week. (And not a fantastical match up with an NBA team. I told Michael that was too good to be true!)

Apparently, Cal is hoping to give more hometown heroes a chance to suit up in the blue and the white and to experience the thrill of playing for Kentucky. I guess it could sorta work like a farm team too, meaning if someone just plays amazingly well, he could earn the opportunity to move up to the varsity level after everyone leaves for the NBA every April. (I kid, I kid)

Anyway, you might have heard about that already, but I just read some articles about it today, and thought I'd share. It'll be interesting to see if it pans out. I'm guessing not, but I've been wrong before.

No comments:

Post a Comment