Tuesday, October 27, 2009

NBA

You might not be able to tell it from my posts but UK Basketball isn't my only interest. Tonight is the kickoff of the NBA season, and it promises to be an exciting start as the Boston Celtics take on the Cleveland LeBron's. One of these two teams will start their season with a loss. Everyone in Cleveland is going to be on pins and needles with the looming Free Agency of Bron Bron. With the addition of the Big EGO Shaq Diesel and Delonte West's situation dealing with depression there is a lot of potential for a tumultuous season in Cleveland.

Hopefully Rondo looks good in the debut. He decided today to put off contract extension talks and become a restricted Free Agent this off season. A great season ending in a Championship would lead to a big pile of cash for the former Cat. There are rumors that Rondo turned down 5 years and 45 million looking for a bigger pay day in the upcoming off season. Good luck to him in getting paid even if he may have stood us up at Midnight Madness this year.

The NBA should have a top heavy look this year. The top five teams (Lakers, Celtics, Magic, CAVS, and Spurs) all have a reasonable shot at a ring. If you want I suppose you could throw the Mavs in that mix, they could be dangerous as well. Injuries and chemistry will go a long way in deciding the team that will come out on top. I have gone back and forth on who I want to predict in the finals, but I think I am going to go with the Lakers vs Celtics in the Finals with the Celtics coming out on top. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I like the Lakers to repeat. Not sure if the Celtics will make it back though, depends on if they stay healthy.

    As a Knicks fan I wish I could just skip this and see who they are able to pull in next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Celtics b/c of Rondo tonite; but my money is on the Spurs. The Lakers will fall apart when Ron Artest starts showing up to games naked and Khole Kardashian Odom gives Kobe a stress fracture b/c she saw some cotton candy across the court and lands on him while trying to get to it. Ba-Zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all five teams have question marks. I could see any of them getting close to 65 wins and any of them could go the other way if things go awry. I don't know what is going to happen. The magic and lakers seem to have the fewest question marks but chemistry will be a huge question mark with the additions of Vince and artest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austin again....... Great game for the Celtics. Cavs looked like they tried to accomodate Shaq a little too much. Both teams showed why they are contenders though. I don't see things ending well for Cleveland. Rondo did what he needed to do tonight. 8 pts 10 assists and 6 rebounds and 3 steals. Great start for the C's in defending my prediction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Lakers fan, so I'm biased. However, I think they have to be favored to repeat until someone else steps up.

    ReplyDelete