Saturday, February 27, 2010

I didn't know he had it in him...

Gomez here...

After the game today, I was shocked to hear that CBS's Seth Davis was very complimentary of the Wildcats despite their loss to the Vols. I'm paraphrasing (because I'm too lazy to back up the DVR) but he basically said this: "I'm impressed with Kentucky. They had a chance to lay down when they were down by 19 in the second half, but they battled back. This is a team still very much in the mix for a national title."

It was nice to hear him say that, because even though we're all bummed out about the loss, we're still in pretty good shape. 27-2? Not too shabby, folks. If you don't believe that, try to think back about where our program was this time last year.

It's all about perspective, people.

3 comments:

  1. I just picked myself up off the floor after reading that post. Hold on let me gather myself...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Finally we are getting some recognition from "Anti" Kentucky fans. I'm over today loss boys, look at it this way we still have at least 11 games to play, our season didn't end today. Even the great John Wall said it, (paraphrasing) "Just imagine if this was two weeks from now, it would be our last game, we don't want to feel this way" I look for this team to refocus and use these next two games as a tune up for the month that really matters...............MARCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally screwed that up, I meant we are finally getting recognition from Kentucky haters.......my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After both losses this year, I haven't been terribly upset about things. I hate losing, and I hate some of the things that contributed to that loss yesterday, but it doesn't really change anything. Also, it helped ease the pain seeing Kansas going down in even more convincing fashion than we did. On our off days, we are still able to compete on the road against a top 20 team. We are going to be ok, but I can understand those that think Kansas and Syracuse are better than us. Beautiful thing is, we get to play for it in March.

    ReplyDelete