Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Larry Vaught!

We wanted to take this opportunity to wish Mr. Larry Vaught a very happy birthday!

When we first started this little site last year, Larry was one of the first guys I met in the press room at Rupp Arena, and he was awesome from the word go. I told him about how I used to read his work on Cats Pause years ago, and how I've continued reading his work online over the years that followed, and how much I've always enjoyed doing so. He was very gracious, provided me with his card and told me to stay in touch. Since then, he's posted an article on his blog about The Big Blue Nation Report, helping drive people to our site to check it out for themselves. He's also been nice enough to use his Twitter feed to link some of our better interviews and articles here at BBNR. I can honestly say that his early support is one of the reasons our site started getting hits and has been able to maintain them over the past few months.

If you don't read Larry Vaught's stuff, you should. I feel funny saying that because I imagine anyone that takes the time to look at our site most likely reads his, as well, but there's a chance that one or two of you still don't, so just consider that some helpful advice. Larry Vaught is what Jimmy Dykes would call "on time and on target" with his information about Kentucky athletics. Visit his site here, and you'll quickly see that he's one of the best at what he does.

Again, happy birthday, Larry! You deserve it.

Sincerely,
Michael Lee and the whole BBNR gang

PS: In the photo above, Larry is the one on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment