Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally a PF


Evan Daniels at Scout is reporting that former Florida and Miami Dade Community College Power Forward Eloy Vargas has made a commitment to the Cats. Vargas was on campus this weekend for a visit. This should push UK up a spot to the #1 recruiting class for the second year in a row and help with a position no one seemingly wanted to fill. This is a huge pick up for Cal but I have a feeling he's not satisfied or finished. I'm sure we will have more later...

3 comments:

  1. Great news. . .I just wonder how this effects us with Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... where have I heard this story before? Oh yea...

    May 14, 2010 1:29 PM
    Booker said...

    VERY good chance we land Vargas... he has a top 3 (reportedly) of UK, Arizona, and Seattle...

    I think despite the ties he may have to the Northwestern US powerhouse aka Seattle, you can take them out of the equation.

    That leaves Zona and the 'Cats.

    Hes already canceled his trip to Zona for this weekend so that he could trip to... Lexington. Good, good chance he commits this weekend.

    I love it when a plan comes together... let's just hope he has a touch more consistency than our other juco-transfer from that school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I don't think this would effect our chances with Jones. Anytime you're a big-time prospect, you almost always have a big-time ego. Jones strikes me as the type of player that would shy away from no one. I still think that, in the end, he ends up with the 'Cats.

    ReplyDelete