Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Witch Hunt Continues...

Gomez here...

For those of you that have been wondering where I've been, please accept my deepest heartfelt apologies. To be honest, I spent most of the holiday weekend trying to look at anything other than the Bledsoe situation, and I was mainly successful in that endeavor. I watched a few old Westerns, enjoyed lots of major league baseball, lounged by the pool and read a good book. In short, it was a nice break.

Let me be clear, its not that I'm overly concerned about what will result from the ordeal, but instead, it was just a little organized anger management on my part. If I had spent my holiday weekend pouring over blogs and message boards, and had I endured the constant finger pointing towards our coach and basketball program by some of the mainstream media, I would have blown my freakin' top. So, instead, I took the high road and purposely ignored it all.

Still, its there, lingering in my mind like a bad memory you wished you could forget but can't. But, in reality, I guess we just need to accept this kind of off-season treatment for now, at least while Cal's at Kentucky. Our head coach has his fair share of critics, his enemies, and his just plain haters, and they will continue the witch hunt as often as they need to until they find something, anything, to blow up bigger than it should be, in a continuous effort to implicate Calipari in "more" wrongdoing.

They will keep coming, the hunt will continue, and I'm afraid we'll have to grow some thicker skin. We can't get too concerned over every question or comment that's sent our program's way, or we'll be in a constant state of anger and confusion.

We'll just have to roll with the punches and let them have their hunt. Remember, sometimes, there is no fire... only smoke. Or in this case, hot air.

1 comment:

  1. If it's all hot air, are you insinuating that Toon started the whole thing???

    ReplyDelete