Thursday, July 1, 2010

Random Notes...

Gomez here...

Happy Thursday to all of you. I'm so glad you've decided to give us at least part of your day. As you can probably tell, things are somewhat slow around here. We don't waste a lot of your time with random tidbits, and try to stick with the facts that you need to know. In other words, we cut through all the crap so you don't have too.

However, in July, when people are focused on vacations, family and fireworks, you don't really have alot of earth shattering news to discuss. As we continue to inch closer and closer to both the kick off to the Joker Phillips era and Coach Cal's second Midnight Madness, the news will really begin to pick up. In the meantime, just hang in there and keep checking back right here for what you really to need to know.

Now, on with some notes for your Thursday...

:: We begin with some sad news. Terri Krebs lost her battle with breast cancer yesterday. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but like most of the UK moms, all I hear is wonderful comments about how truly inspiring she was, and how much she loved her son, Mark. Everyone here at BBNR sends out their thoughts and prayers to the Krebs family during this difficult time.

:: Daniel Orton made some statements via Twitter last night that were very interesting. He basically apologized for what many viewed as poor judgement, including his dropping out of school and the comments regarding Kansas. I'll let Daniel's comments speak for itself...

"Okay there are some things that I’ve been needing to address, but I was trying to focus my attention elsewhere. As far as the classes I want to apologize for not doing what I said I would. I messed up bigtime and hope I can be somewhat forgiven. I messed up on a few due dates on my online class and I just lost focus in school. I apologize. Then the thing about the Kansas comment. I was more so set up on that question. We all know the media and how they like to get people but i was asked was there any other school that I would have gone to. At first I said No because I loved UK and I loved my experience and my teammates there. Then he proceeded to say. I know Kansas was recruiting you hard, you never had any thoughts of maybe you should have gone there? Of course I thought that at times I won’t lie about that I’m sure atleast two Players on every college team this year question their decision but in the end I am happy that I went to UK. As far as leavin early, I cant Really justify myself there. So sorry UK fans love yall and yall are the best Ima miss it!"

Nice gesture by Daniel, and it brings his (somewhat rocky at times) final days as a Wildcat to a somewhat satisfying resolution. At any rate, we wish him nothing but the best during his NBA career.

:: John Wall's number for the Wizards will be 2. Get it? 1+1=2. How clever! Anyway, get in line now at your favorite sporting goods store. You know you want too.

:: Joker's first team is ranked #51 in Athlon’s preseason rankings. Here's the blurb from the magazine... 51: Kentucky — Joker Phillips inherits a Kentucky program that has been to four straight bowl games, but also is 12–20 against SEC teams in that stretch, including 0–12 against Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee. The schedule is forgiving enough that the Wildcats can make a fifth straight bowl game, but the defense isn’t strong enough for Phillips to give Cats fans the breakout season they crave.

:: John Calipari said Monday that Darius Miller is showing he has star potential and that Josh Harrellson has the promise of ascending from little-used reserve to key contributor. It's nice to see these guys improving over the off-season, and gives us even more excitement about the upcoming season. In the weeks ahead, we'll begin to break down the roster and talk about what we expect to happen with the latest edition of Cal's Cats take the floor this fall.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Stay tuned for more stuff later.

Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment