Friday, October 30, 2009

Wall is certified!

Wall has been certified by the NCAA to play this season for the University of Kentucky. He will, however, have to pay $787.58 to a charity of his choice for money he received for travel while playing for his former AAU coach. The problem occurred when it became known that the coach was also a licensed agent. He will also have to sit out on one exhibition game and the first regular season game of the year against Morehead State.

"I am really happy to have this decision behind me," Wall said. This has really been hard on my Mom and I want to thank her for her support during this process," he shared in a statement.

This is really a happy ending for everyone in Big Blue Nation, but none more than John himself. This was obviously weighing on the Walls far more than what anyone let on. It's good that the NCAA got it right this time and that Wall and the team can now prepare for the season without any distractions.

We will have more on this story throughout the weekend, but for now it's ok to exhale.

4 comments:

  1. I hate being the conspiracy theorist, but I highly doubt that he would have missed a game if he was playing for Duke or North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally Jason. I think with the Pat Forde story the NCAA felt like they had to do some kind of slap on the wrist. However, if he played anywhere other that UK, the story never would of been written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that he has to miss two games. I know it'll be tough on the kid to watch from the sidelines, but at least we've got this behind us.

    Now, its time to pwn noobs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The NCAA is the most corrupt faction in America... I put them up there with Acorn and the Dallas Cowboys.

    Pat Forde and Jerry Tipton will be head hunting Kentucky all year because they know if they can uncover a scandal at Kentucky it will be the biggest story of their career.

    By the way, I talked to a man from the lexington area last night and he said that the student body will be wearing blonde wigs at the UK/UL game.. Touche friends.. Touche.

    ReplyDelete